Home > Get a Library Card
Get a Card
Downloadable Library Card Application
- Library Card Application: English
- Library Card Application: Spanish
- Policy: Library Card Registration
Please bring your completed application to the checkout desk at any location.
Customers must provide identification whenever registering or re-registering for the purpose of verifying name, birth date and current residential address.
A parent or legal guardian's signature is required if you are under the age of 17.
- New library cards are free for Hillsborough County residents with 1 free replacement per year. There is a $2.00 replacement fee thereafter.
- Non residents can be issued free cards if they provide documentation (such as property tax bill) verifying their Hillsborough County property tax-paying status.
- Non-Hillsborough residents must pay an annual fee of $100.00 to obtain a library card with 1 free replacement per year. There is a $2.00 replacement fee thereafter.
How to Update Your Library Account
Visit your local library and show a photo ID and verification of current address OR
Call us at 813-273-3652 to update account information including:
- Email address
- Phone number
*Verification of current address will be required for next checkout
By telephone, you must provide a library card number to receive information or renew material.