Beginning August 21, 2017, we will switch Interlibrary Loan management systems from ILLiad to WorldShare. What does this mean for you?
- Starting August 21 you will sign into Interlibrary Loan services with your library card number and PIN instead of an ILLiad user name and password. Your library card must be free of blocks to sign in, just as it currently must be to check out materials.
- Any requests made before August 21 will continue to be processed.
- New requests still be made by searching for a book or article in WorldCat and clicking “Request an Interlibrary Loan”.
- Your ILLiad request history will not be carried over to WorldShare.
HCPLC uses OCLC ILLiad to manage Interlibrary Loan Requests for materials in other library systems. Creating an account is simple, fast and secure.
Request an Interlibrary Loan
First, search the HCPLC library catalog.
If you do not find the title you need in an HCPLC library location:
- Sign in to ILLiad.
- Select Request an Item from the left-hand menu to connect to WorldCat.
- Search for the title, open its record and select Request an Interlibrary Loan.
If the title is in print, you may wish instead to suggest this title for purchase.
About Interlibrary Loans
HCPLC's Interlibrary Loan services are available only to Hillsborough County residents with valid library cards. If you do not live in Hillsborough County, please check with your local library about their Interlibrary Loan services.
For more information, please see the Interlibrary Loan Policy.