Subject: Corporate Library Cards
Effective: July 25, 2013
Supercedes: August 1, 2011
Suggested Review: 2 Years
- The corporate library card provides service to organizations that require quantities of materials for an extended period of time. Such organizations include schools, daycare centers, group homes, senior citizen homes and other institutions and businesses in Hillsborough County. Organizations outside of Hillsborough County may apply for a Non-Resident Corporate Card with an annual fee of $100.
- Borrowing Guidelines
- Only one card per facility is issued.
- Cards expire one year from the date of issue and may be renewed
- The borrower must present the corporate library card in order to check out materials.
- AV materials are excluded from extended checkout period.
- Up to 100 books can be checked out at any one time, for a period of up to 90 days.
- Items cannot be renewed.
- No Interlibrary Loans can be placed.
- No eBooks can be checked out.
- Use will be denied when library materials checked out on corporate cards are overdue.
- Corporate cardholders will receive overdue notices but are exempt from collection agency activity unless books are lost.
- Fines for overdue books will accrue in accordance with the BOCC Fines/Fees Schedule.
- Lost or Damaged Charges
- Charges will be assessed for lost or damaged items.
- Holds may be placed on print items in accordance with LS 109 Requests (Holds).
- Borrowing Guidelines
- Corporate card applications may be picked up and submitted at any THPL location. Completed applications are forwarded to the Corporate Library Card Representative, Borrower Services, John F. Germany Public Library for processing.
- Applications may also be mailed to:
Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library System
Corporate Library Cards/Borrower Services
John F. Germany Public Library
900 N. Ashley Dr.
Tampa, FL 33602
- The Corporate Library Card representative’s responsibilities include:
- Approving or rejecting applications
- Maintaining files which include applications, changes and correspondence
- Monitoring the expiration dates and sending renewal applications one month before expiration
- Performing data entry including registration, renewal and changes in record
- Corporate library card customers reporting changes should be referred to the Corporate Library Card Representative, Borrower Services, John F. Germany Public Library.
- Check out
- Corporate library card users must present the card in order to check out materials.
Pursuant to Section 5(1) of Chapter 84-443, Laws of Florida, the Public Library Board has the duty and the responsibility, among others, to serve in a recommending capacity to the Director of Library Services and to the County Administrator in respect to all matters pertaining to the public library.