Subject: Group Library Card Registrations
Effective: February 12, 2013
Supercedes: January 19, 2010
Review: 2 Years
- Library staff work with schools, recreation centers, daycare centers, group homes, senior centers and other organizations to coordinate and facilitate issuing library cards to large groups. Residents of shelters, halfway houses, group homes or other institutions of a transitional nature are referred to LS 104 Corporate Library Cards.
- Library Card Sign Up campaigns are coordinated by Library Branch/Department staff in cooperation with the Hillsborough County School System or other similar institutions with the assistance of public service staff.
- At any time, library staff may work with representatives of schools, community organizations, etc to facilitate issuing individual library cards to group members.
- Any customer may request library card applications for members of their school, organization or group.
- When group representatives are given library card application forms, library staff provide them with information about registration requirements to facilitate completion of applications by their group members. The group representative is responsible for ensuring name and address verification.
- Library staff coordinate the registration process with group representatives to ensure that proper name and address verification and parental signature, if necessary, are provided as specified in LS 103.3A and LS 103.3B before library cards are activated.
Pursuant to Section 5(1) of Chapter 84-443, Laws of Florida, the Public Library Board has the duty and the responsibility, among others, to serve in a recommending capacity to the Director of Library Services and to the County Administrator in respect to all matters pertaining to the public library.