Subject: Vending Machines
Effective: May 26, 2016
- Pursuant to an agreement approved by the Board of County Commissioners on December 15, 2010, the Friends of the Library of Tampa-Hillsborough County, Inc. (FOL) are authorized to act as agent on behalf of the Library in furnishing vending items in support of the Library. The FOL have secured a License Agreement with a vending company (Licensee) to provide drink and snack machines within Library Facilities. This policy describes the responsibilities of the FOL, the Library and the Licensee to ensure effective operations of this partnered service.
- Vending machines offering beverages in capped containers, coffee, dry snacks and/or Library related supplies are provided in Library locations by the FOL for the enjoyment and convenience of members of the public and County employees. The proceeds become revenue for FOL operations in support of the mission of Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library (THPL).
- The FOL have the responsibility for selecting a vendor and administering the License Agreement. The FOL Council shall designate an evaluation committee that includes the THPL contracts manager. The evaluation committee has the responsibility to request proposals, evaluate the proposals and recommend a responsible vendor to provide vending machine service. Final approval for vendor selection rests with the FOL Council.
- THPL and the Public Library Board reserve the right to cancel or modify this partnered service with reasonable notice.
- Library Administration is responsible for determining the locations, type and number of vending machines placed in library facilities.
- Food and beverages may be consumed in library facilities in accordance with LS 502 Code of Conduct.
- The Friends of the Library are responsible for negotiating with the Licensee a method for payment of the FOL’s share of the proceeds which shall be 25% of the total net sales.
- The Licensee will provide and service the machines at no cost to the FOL or THPL. The Licensee will collect and pay Florida sales tax and send commission checks directly to the FOL Council.
- Library staff are not responsible for providing change for customers wishing to purchase items in the vending machines.
- Refund Requests
- As part of the License Agreement the Friends of the Library are responsible for ensuring refunds are made to customers who lose money in the vending machines.
- The Customers who request a refund will be provided a pre-printed envelope to fill out and return to the circulation desk. Refunds will be available after 10 business days.
- The Licensee’s delivery technician will check at the circulation desk on each library visit or at least every 10 business days. The technician will put the refund cash the envelope, seal it and return it to the circulation desk.
- Refund envelopes shall be kept in a reasonably secure manner but are not to be co-mingled with Hillsborough County funds. Envelopes that are not picked up within 70 calendar days will be returned to the Licensee’s delivery technician.
- THPL staff are not responsible for any monies lost in the vending machines.
- Repair Requests
- Library staff are responsible for posting Out of Order signs on vending machines needing maintenance and for submitting repair requests to the Licensee.
- Library staff shall contact the Licensee as necessary to report malfunctions or otherwise inoperable machines.
Pursuant to Section 5(1) of Chapter 84-443, Laws of Florida, the Library Board has the duty and the responsibility, among others, to serve in a recommending capacity to the Director of Library Services and to the County Administrator in respect to all matters pertaining to the public library.