Important Updates on Services Due to COVID-19 coronavirus.
We are working to restore library service to our customers in a gradual and safe manner. Our first step will be to open book drops at the following locations to accept returns beginning Monday, May 11, 2020:
- Bloomingdale Regional Public Library
- C. Blythe Andrews, Jr. Public Library
- Jan Kaminis Platt Regional Library
- Jimmie B. Keel Regional Library
- Maureen B. Gauzza Regional Public Library
- New Tampa Regional Public Library
- North Tampa Branch Library
- SouthShore Regional Library
- Town ‘N Country Regional Public Library
Book drops will be open Monday - Friday. Your returned items will be placed into quarantine and will still appear as "checked out" on your account. They will be checked in when safety and staffing permit. This will not affect the amount of items you are able to borrow. Items can be returned to these locations regardless of where you borrowed them from.
Temple Terrace Public Library will also open book drops Monday - Friday.
Hillsborough County Public Libraries do not charge late fines on materials that are overdue. Your account will not be locked for any overdue items. Learn more about our fine free initiative. At present all holds are currently suspended.
Public Libraries will re-open and services will return gradually as safety measures are put in place to ensure the protection of employees and the public from the further spread of COVID-19. We are working closely with Hillsborough County leadership in developing a plan for the phased return of library services. No firm timeline has been established at this time. Please follow the library on social media or check back here for announcements.
Call us with your questions at 813-273-3652. If you can’t reach us by phone, text us at 813-352-1972 or 813-352-1603, ask us online, or message us through social media. We are available to help you 7 days a week from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
You can also follow us on Facebook for the latest library information - @TampaHillsLib.
Visit the Library from Home
The library is always open from the comfort of your home to download a book, read a magazine, enjoy storytime, take an online class, stream movies, videos and music.Visit online
- Stay Safe - Emergency related news and information from Hillsborough County.
- HCFL Alert - Stay informed with Hillsborough County’s official mass notification system.
- Safer-at-Home. What Does it Mean? - Hillsborough County issued a Safer-at-Home Orderto help prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
- Need Re-employment Assistance? - Find out how to apply.
- Cuddle Shuttles Brighten up Self-Isolation - The Pet Resource Center has opened their Curbside Cuddles pilot program.
- Urgent Plea for Medical Supplies - Information on what is needed, and where to drop off.
- Resources for Residents & Business - Where to find what you need in one place.
- Hesperian Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fact Sheet - Available now in English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Urdu, Bangla, Filipino, Vietnamese, Bahasa Indonesia, Farsi, Sindhi, Telugu, Hindi, Shona, Portuguese, Arabic, Swahili, and Haitian Creole.