Just bring it back!
Beginning January 1, 2018!
HCPLC will no longer charge late fines on materials that are overdue! The library’s mission is to focus on open access to information and materials.
- Your checkout loan periods have not changed and the grace period is now eight days.
- You can check out a total of 35 items.
- You can now place holds on 35 items at a time.
- Any items that you have checked out will automatically renew two days prior to their due date as long as nobody else is waiting for them.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens if I don’t return my books by the end of the grace period?
- Your account is locked.
- What does "account locked" mean?
- This means no borrowing of library materials and no use of Overdrive, Hoopla, RB Digital or Lynda.com.
- Can I still use my card if my account is locked?
- You may still use library computers and access some online databases.
- Does this eliminate all fees?
- No. You will still be charged for lost or damaged materials.
- What happens to late fines that are already on my account?
- Fines posted to your account prior to 1/1/18 will remain. The fines are still owed but they will no longer lock your account and prevent you from borrowing materials.
- How can I access my account to see why it is locked?
- Select My Account from the top left of hcplc.org and sign in with your library barcode and PIN. You can also access your account from the library’s app which you can download for free.
- How do I pay for what I owe?
You can pay online or at any Self Checkout kiosk using a debit or credit card. The library no longer accepts cash payments.
You can also pay by check or money order. Payments must include the library card number and should include the billing notice. Please remit payment by check/money order payable to:
Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
102 E 7th Ave
Tampa, FL, 33602
REPLACEMENT CHARGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- What happens if I find a lost item that I already paid for?
- The item now belongs to you. No refunds will be issued for lost item payments.