Starting March 18 - Make suggestions through the new catalog!
What’s New about HCPLC Connect?
- Stay within the catalog to make a suggestion.
- Use the Suggest a Title for Purchase shortcut when a search has no results.
- Get a notification in your account when your suggestion is reviewed.
- See the status of your suggestions at any time.
Already Know How to Use HCPLC Connect to Suggest a Title?Make a Suggestion Now
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Make Suggestions Using the New Catalog?
- Log into your HCPLC Connect account.
- If this is your first time signing in you’ll need to set up your library card account and create a username.
- On your account settings page, you should see your Suggested Purchases under Account Preferences.
- Go to the My Settings page, and click Suggested Purchases under Account Preferences.
- Click the Add Suggestion button and complete the form.
We are not able to place holds on your account. Please use HCPLC Connect to place a hold on your requested title once it is approved.
Purchase suggestions are limited to one (1) title per submission and ten (10) titles per month, per cardholder.
How Do I Know When My Suggestion Was Reviewed?
- When a suggestion has been reviewed, you will see a notification on the bell icon in the My HCPLC menu when you login.
- Click the bell icon to go to your Notifications page where you’ll see a short message letting you know of the status of your suggestion, along with a quick link to your Suggested Purchases.
- Click the gear icon or My Settings in the Log In / My HCPLC Menu at the top left to check your suggestions at any time.
What Does Under Review, Approved, and Not Approved Mean?
- Under Review means the suggestion is still waiting to be review by our staff.
- Approved means the suggestion was approved and we will be purchasing the title.
- Not Approved means the suggestion was not approved, but you may still be able to get the item using our Interlibrary Loan service.
Can I Remove a Suggestion?
- If the suggestion has been approved or denied, you can remove it.
- If the suggestion has not yet been reviewed, you can cancel your suggestion. Cancelling the suggestion will give you that slot back for the month.
Can I Make Suggestions for eBooks and Downloadable Audiobooks using HCPLC Connect?
No. You can suggest eBooks and downloadable audiobooks through Overdrive by searching for the title with "Additional Titles to Recommend" selected.
Can I Still Use the Previous Online Form Instead?
Yes. Go to the previous form online now. You will be prompted to enter your library card number if you are not inside a HCPLC library location.