Home Books & More Suggest a Title
Make suggestions through the catalog!
- Stay within the catalog to make a suggestion.
- Use the Suggest a Title for Purchase link when a search has no results.
- Get a notification in your account when your suggestion is reviewed.
- See the status of your suggestions at any time.
Already know how to use HCPLC Connect to suggest a title?Make a Suggestion Now
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make suggestions using the catalog?
- Log into your HCPLC Connect account.
- If this is your first time signing in you’ll need to set up your library card account and create a username.
- Go to the My Settings page, and click Suggested Purchases under Account Preferences.
- Click the Add Suggestion button and complete the form.
We are not able to place holds on your account. Please use HCPLC Connect to place a hold on your requested title once it is approved.
Purchase suggestions are limited to one (1) title per submission and ten (10) titles per month, per cardholder.
How do I know when my suggestion was reviewed?
- When a suggestion has been reviewed, you will see a notification on the bell icon in the My HCPLC menu when you login.
- Click the bell icon to go to your Notifications page where you’ll see a short message letting you know of the status of your suggestion, along with a quick link to your Suggested Purchases.
- Click the gear icon or My Settings in the Log In / My HCPLC Menu at the top left to check your suggestions at any time.
What does Under Review, Approved, and Not Approved mean?
- Under Review means the suggestion is still waiting to be review by our staff.
- Approved means the suggestion was approved and we will be purchasing the title.
- Not Approved means the suggestion was not approved, but you may still be able to get the item using our Interlibrary Loan service.
Can I remove a suggestion?
- If the suggestion has been approved or denied, you can remove it.
- If the suggestion has not yet been reviewed, you can cancel your suggestion. Cancelling the suggestion will give you that slot back for the month.
Can I make suggestions for eBooks and downloadable audiobooks using HCPLC Connect?
You can share your interest in a specific eBook or downloadable audiobook using Notify Me tags in the Libby app.
Can I still use the previous online form instead?
Yes. Go to the previous form online now. You will be prompted to enter your library card number if you are not inside a HCPLC library location.