Hispanic Heritage Contest Winners 2021
With over 400 submissions, the committee evaluating entries really had their work cut out for them! Winners have been determined for the annual contest and are listed below.
The judging panel consisted of district, city, and library services members with a shared focus for how each design was successful in communication, connection to the theme, cultural representation and craftsmanship.
Students in grades 9 - 12 were invited to design a poster celebrating Hillsborough's Hispanic Heritage.
- 2nd Place Venecia G. Blake High School
- 3rd Place Alisha P. Sickles High School
Students in grades K - 8 were invited to design a bookmark celebrating Hillsborough's Hispanic Heritage.
Winners, Grades K - 2
- 2nd Place Hailey H. Mendenhall Elementary
- 3rd Place Lola P. MacFarlane Park Elementary
Winners, Grades 3 - 5
- 2nd Place Téa V. Homeschool
- 3rd Place Angel R. Cambridge Christian School
Winners, Grades 6 - 8
- 2nd Place Haven P. Barrington Middle School
- 3rd Place Harith T. Farnell Middle School