National Hispanic Heritage Month 2020
With over 400 submissions this year, the committee evaluating entries really had their work cut out for them! Winners have been determined for the annual contest and are listed below.
The judging panel consisted of district, city, and library services members with a shared focus for how each design was successful in communication, connection to the theme, cultural representation and craftsmanship.
2020 Poster Contest Winners
Students in grades 9 - 12 were invited to design a poster celebrating Hillsborough's Hispanic Heritage.
- 2nd Place Izael F. Riverview High School
- 3rd Place Vicmarie S. Newsome High School
2020 Bookmark Contest Winners
Students in grades K - 8 were invited to design a bookmark celebrating Hillsborough's Hispanic Heritage.
Winners, Grades K - 2
- 2nd Place Kira B. Ippolito Elementary School
- 3rd Place Eden S. Shore Elementary School
Winners, Grades 3 - 5
- 2nd Place Paulina P. Mort Elementary School
- 3rd Place Robert L. Cambridge Christian School
Winners, Grades 6 - 8
- 2nd Place Chela L. Orange Grove Middle School
- 3rd Place Fabiana O. Orange Grove Middle School
Channel your inner artist and get busy practicing your drawing skills with these books!Find drawing books
Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage month with these recent releases.Browse adult books
Contests and events are funded by the Friends of the Library of Tampa-Hillsborough County, Inc.
“Each year, Americans observe National Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 to October 15, by celebrating the histories, cultures and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America.”