Nearby Bus Stops
- Kennedy Blvd. @ Pierce St. - Routes 8 / 24 / 25 / 360 / 400
- Marion St. @ Kennedy Blvd. - Routes 8 / 9 / 360
- Marion St. @ Zack St. - Routes 8 / 100 / 300 / 360
The James J. Lunsford Law Library is Hillsborough County’s Law Library, a branch of the Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library System.
The library is dedicated to providing a place for the public and the legal profession to find relevant source materials for legal research. The library is a research/reference facility and books are available for in-library use. Computers with internet access, and word-processing are available. WiFi access, copy machines, printers, and Patron Access Westlaw are also available.
The Library was established in 1937 and has occupied five locations during its history: its original location was in the Old Courthouse at the corner of Franklin and Lafayette (now Kennedy); in 1952, it moved to the then new courthouse at Pierce and Kennedy; in 1991 the library relocated to the Fred Karl Legal Center at Jefferson and Kennedy; in October 2000 the library took up temporary residence in office space at 501 E. Kennedy Blvd at Morgan and Kennedy; finally in July 2008, the library moved once again to its current home in the newly renovated old courthouse building, located at 701 E. Twiggs St., at the corner of Pierce and Twiggs.