Discovery Pass is back!
Discovery Pass has a new, easier to use, digital system.
- Use your smart phone, tablet, computer, or visit your local library and use one of the public computers to reserve your pass.
- Choose the specific date you would like to visit within a 30 day window.
- Present your pass on your phone or print it conveniently from home.
Discovery Pass gives you a FREE admission or tour pass to select local museums and attractions.
- Discovery Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. One Discovery Pass may be checked out per adult library card.
- Each pass provides a one-time admission or tour to an attraction on the date specified. Blackout dates and restrictions may apply. See below for attraction and museum information.
- Passes are not renewable, however, ePasses can be replaced if lost. Here are instructions on how to retrieve your reservation.
Enjoy visiting these participating local museums and attractions.
Tampa Bay History Center
The Tampa Bay History Center is a Smithsonian Institution Affiliate and features three floors of permanent and temporary exhibits focusing on 12,000 years of our region's rich history.
- Valid for admission for up to four people (two adults & two children or one adult & three children).
Hillsborough County Conservation Parks
Discover the joys of the great outdoors by visiting a Hillsborough County Conservation Park. They are the perfect place for your daily jog, walking the dog, or relaxing and being one with Mother Nature. Passes are provided by the Friends of the County Parks and Recreation Inc. Visit website for a list of parks.
- Valid for admission for up to 8 people in a single vehicle. Pass grants entrance but does not cover any additional activities, rentals, etc. Portions of the parks remain closed or restricted. Visit website for park closures.
Glazer Children's Museum
The Glazer Children’s Museum creates learning environments where children play, discover, and connect to the world around them to develop as lifelong learners and leaders.
- Valid for admission for up to four people (two adults & two children or one adult & three children). Masks are recommended. Props and manipulatives are rotated for daily cleaning.
American Victory Ship and Museum
The American Victory Ship and Museum is one of only four fully-operational WWII ships in the country. It is a true American icon and is recognized on the National Register of Historic Places. Come aboard, tour nine decks of this floating museum, and experience an unforgettable voyage of discovery.
- Valid for admission for up to four (two adults & two children or one adult & three children).
Learn the Theatre's secrets, stories, art, and architecture with the Balcony-to-Backstage tour of the historic movie palace.
- Good for single admission to a 90-minute walking tour and demonstration of the Mighty Wurlitzer Theatre Organ.
- Space is limited; receipt must be exchanged for tour ticket in advance at the Theatre Box Office at 711 N. Franklin St. to guarantee admission. Check website for dates.
Henry B. Plant Museum
The Plant Museum features original opulent furnishings and artifacts in educational exhibits, transporting visitors to the late Victorian period, the beginning of Florida’s tourist industry, and the early years of the City of Tampa.
- Valid for admission for up to four people (two adults & two children or one adult & three children). Museum capacity is limited to 50%. Masks are required.
Florida Holocaust Museum
The Florida Holocaust Museum honors the memory of the millions who suffered or died in the Holocaust. The Museum is dedicated to teaching the members of all races and cultures the inherent worth and dignity of human life in order to prevent future genocides.
- Valid for admission for up to five people (two adults & three children under 18 from the same household). Masks are recommended. Advanced reservations are not required for admission. Tickets must be claimed at the museum.
Stageworks Theatre has a 35-year history of bringing the finest professional theatre to the Tampa Bay area and showcasing socially relevant plays.
- Stageworks Theatre offers library users discounted tickets to any show. Visit Stageworks’ website and use discount code DISCOPASS to receive $5 off the purchase price of each ticket.
Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts is a museum dedicated to exhibiting important photographic art as central to contemporary life and culture. FMoPA collects, preserves, and exhibits historic and contemporary works by nationally and internationally known photographic artists. FMoPA is moving to Ybor City soon and right now you can enjoy its exhibitions online and at the Tampa International Airport. Please visit our website at www.FMoPA.org for more information.
Tampa Museum of Art
Tampa Museum of Art inspires visitors with engaging exhibitions and innovative educational programs that emphasize ancient, modern, and contemporary art. The Museum houses one of the largest Greek and Roman antiques collections in the southeastern United States. As one of the region’s most prominent museums devoted to the art of our time, the Museum’s permanent collection also embraces sculpture, photography, painting, new media, and more.
- Valid for admission for up to four people (two adults & two children or one adult & three children). Advanced tickets recommended: call (813) 421-8380 or questions (813) 274-8130 online www.shoptma.org. Masks are recommended.
Straz Center for the Performing Arts
The Straz Center is the largest performing arts center in the Southeast and the only one with an on-site performing arts conservatory.
- Passes for the current season are not available.
The Florida Orchestra
The Florida Orchestra enriches the life of the Tampa Bay area as it inspires, entertains, and educates a wide and diverse audience with the unique experience of live symphonic music. It is recognized as the largest professional orchestra in Florida and one of the most vibrant and innovative orchestras in America.
- Passes for the current season are not available.